Race Course and Map
|750m||1||Quay 6 – V&A Waterfront||Quay 6 – V&A Waterfront|
Description: Athletes are required to swim an anti-clockwise loop, navigating 6 buoys.
|20km||5||Quay 6 – V&A Waterfront||Cape Town Stadium Forecourt|
Description: The cycle comprises 1 x 4.8km lap, followed by 4 x 3.8km laps. The cycle starts at Transition 1, Quay 6 in the V&A Waterfront.
- Athletes head out of Transition 1 and turn left into Breakwater Blvd, followed by a right turn at Haul Rd and then a left into Granger Bay Boulevard. At the roundabout turn right onto Beach Road.
- They cycle along Beach Road until they get to Turning Point 1 before the Mouille Point Lighthouse, returning back along Beach Road with a right turn onto Fritz Sonnenburg Road.
- Once athletes have reached the Cape Town Stadium Forecourt to complete Lap 1 (4.8km), they will turn right into Transition 2 to Turning Point 2 to return back to a right turn into Fritz Sonnenberg Rd and a left into Granger Bay Boulevard and follow the same loop via Beach Road. On completion of 4 x 3.8km laps, athletes will enter Transition 2 (located on the Stadium Forecourt) where they will start their run.
|2.5km||2||Cape Town Stadium Forecourt||Cape Town Stadium Forecourt|
- The run starts at Transition 2, exiting the Stadium Forecourt, down to the city cycle path to turn right onto cycle path. The run course will cross Vlei Road and into the Green Point Urban Park.
- Upon reaching Turning Point 3, they will return on the same course through the park, then exit the park down the cycle path to the underpass.
- Here they turn left before the underpass circle and up to the paved forecourt area of the stadium to turn left into Fritz Sonnenberg Rd to Turning point 4 and back to Transition 2.
- On the second lap, athletes will turn right into Finish chute, before Transition 2 to do a final sprint for the finish line.
*Please Note: All course routes are subject to change until they have been ratified by the ITU Technical Director.